RE: Performance on IBM Power 7

  • From: Peter Barnett <regdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:19:08 -0800 (PST)

We are using several p7 frames and VIO.  We are consolidating all of our
databases on six p7 frames to take advantage of CPU licensing and get rid of a
pile of individual servers.
So far no issues.

Pete Barnett

Database Technologies Lead

Regence

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of LS Cheng

Has anyone experienced hardware upgrade from IBM P6 to IBM P7. Any performance
issues.

consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.