Re: Performance of MERGE INTO statement

Jay,

I'm not a warehouse expert, but I do know that frequent writes to
tables with bitmap indexes on it is not a good idea (once a day is
frequent in DW's). It causes the bitmap indexes to grow uncontrolably
and become slow. From my understanding it is typical to rebuilt the
bitmap indexes after a data load is complete, but when you load data
that frequently that may not be an option.

Somebody with more DW experience may chime in here.

Thanks,
Finn