Re: Performance metrics

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oralrnr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:34:54 +0200

Hi,

for me it seams there was a dangerous shortcut between [applications]
performance and [database] indicators.
Unfortunately there is no default path for this shortcut. You will
have to find your own.
This can be somehow tricky, but as a simple start you have to find the
main contributor of DB time to your application.
You can then monitor these contributors - if they increase
dramatically in amount or time, it will become dangerous.

Another method is to check for the appearance of 'new' waits - this
can also be a sign of an unwanted change within your system.

sorry, no simple answer; such as the question also is not simple :-(

hth
 Martin