RE: Performance impact of MONITORING and GATHER_STALE

Hi Mladen,

Sorry, I don't quite understand. What do you mean when you say "It also
takes away any purpose from gathering statistics based on STALE status."

I was going to turn on schema MONITORING and then use GATHER_STALE to
speed up the analyse command. Is this not the correct approach?

On a related but slightly diverting topic... I understand that turning
on MONITORING will write data to some dictionary tables. What if we
don't do the GATHER_STALE and just turn on MONITORING just to see how
much DMLs are generated, and if indexes are used. How do we control the
growth of the dictionary tables without having to do a
GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS?=20

Ta,

Leng.

Leng Kaing