RE: Patchset 10.1.0.4

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle Discussion List" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:04:20 -0500

That depends on your rendition of "bug free".  If you're using the INSO =
filter part of Oracle Text, it's been replaced with a "newer, better" =
filter in ought-4.  Nothing like changing an entire process on a =
freaking bugfix patch.  Shouldn't something that major have been =
included with a major release instead, or am I completely mistaken as to =
the meaning of the significant digits in an Oracle software version =
number?

Looks like I'll be going live with 10.1.0.3.  Looking forward to the =
book I'll be writing when asked why I'm not running the current patch on =
my next TAR...

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA