RE: Patching issues

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sims@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:32:42 -0400

I'd recommend adding info about the new PSUs, specifically the
differences between those and the CPUs, the issues about deciding
between them, and if you've applied a CPU to a machine, how to convert
to using the same PSU if necessary.

We see a lot of confusion among our customers about the PSUs, and a lot
of conflicting information being provided by Oracle support that we're
having to educate people about.  Seems like it could be useful for the
general community.

Thanks,
Matt