RE: Partitioning Question

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:12:10 -0700

1. create an empty partitioned table with 1 partition as select * from ... where 0=1;
2. exchange the original table with the empty partition
3. split the single partition as needed
4. drop and rebuild any indexes - the indexes could be included in the step 2, but I think you'll need to look at the indexes in light of the partitioning scheme

And before anyone asks ... We are using 8.1.7.4 on a Solaris 9 system.