Partitioned Indexes question

  • From: "Koivu, Lisa" <Lisa.Koivu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:56:01 -0500

Hello all,

I seem to remember that an index does not need to be partitioned on the
same key as a table.  Does anyone know, does this refer to hash
partitioned indexes?  I have read through the docs and it doesn't say
so.  For example, I'd like to create a hash-partitioned index on a range
partitioned table.

Also, can a composite-indexed table be hash at the partition level, and
range at the subpartition level?  Again, I haven't read that this is
possible, but that doesn't mean it isn't.

I just wanted to be sure I didn't miss something.
thanks

Lisa Koivu
Monkey Mama
Orlando, FL, USA

"The sender believes that this E-Mail and any attachments were free of any
virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message and
its attachments could have been infected during transmission.  By reading the
message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility
for taking proactive and remedial action about viruses and other defects. The
sender's business entity is not liable for any loss or damage arising in any
way from this message or its attachments."