RE: Parallel slave on the other nodes - RAC

  • From: <Ravi_Kulkarni@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 11:37:30 -0500

Shiva,

This is normal behaviour. If you dont like this or is causing issues for
your App, please look at documenation on using INSTANCE_GROUPS
&PARALLEL_INSTANCE_GROUP

INSTANCE_GROUPS is a Real Application Clusters parameter that you can
specify only in parallel mode.
Used in conjunction with the PARALLEL_INSTANCE_GROUP parameter, it lets
you restrict parallel query operations to a limited number of instances.

Thanks,
Ravi.