RE: Parallel DELETE on Partitioned Table with Domain Index

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:16:43 -0500

Am I understanding this wrong? This is from the 10G docs.

UPDATE, MERGE, and DELETE operations are parallelized by partition or
subpartition. Update, merge, and delete parallelism are not possible within
a partition, nor on a nonpartitioned table. See "Limitation on the Degree of
Parallelism" for a possible restriction.