RE: Paging Devices for Oracle DBAs

  • From: Joe Cooper <aregularjoe8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:50:27 -0800 (PST)

All kidding aside (though I admit to smiling wryly at Mladen's 1-900-HOT-DBA
idea!), it seems to speak to the skewed priorities of my country's politicians
and military decision makers when we can find a couple billion dollars for a
new aircraft carrier or nuclear submarine, but we can't squeeze out a few
hundred bucks for a flak jacket for the grunt in the field, or a hundred bucks
(plus airtime) for support personnel like Jerome to get a simple electronic
tool to make them more responsive and productive workers.  And I'm sure we
Americans don't hold a monopoly in this realm of skewed priorities!

Well, that's probably too much soapbox for this forum, but I had to say
something.

Joe Cooper
Senior Oracle DBA
<company withheld -- these opinions are my own!>

Whittle Jerome Contr NCI <Jerome.Whittle@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We're very low tech here: Users with my home and cell phone number neither of
which are paid for by my employer. I'm thinking about changing over to a 900
number to make some money out of the deal.

Jerry Whittle
ASIFICS DBA
NCI Information Systems Inc.
jerome.whittle@xxxxxxxxxxxx