Re: PX Deq Credit: send blkd

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riyaj.shamsudeen@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 19:01:56 +0200

Hi,

Riyaj Shamsudeen schrieb:
> Martin
>  As you correctly pointed out, PX slaved are blocked.
>  One obvious reason I can think is smaller large pool. What is your
> large pool size set to ? Do you use ASMM - Automatic Shared memory
> management stuff? If yes, do you see any growth or shrink for large pool
> ? If large pool is not configured, it is possible that shared pool
> fragmentation to cause PX slaves to wait for these PX events. v$sgastat
> is a good place to start.

Uh, the large pool approach sounds cool, I will check this ASAP.

What I did so far:

The SGA autotuning features are enabled (SGA_TARGET set), and
shared_pool_size has been set to zero. I've added up the shared pool
bytes from v$sgastat, and I ended up with about 120MB.

Since RAM is no problem on this box, I changed SHARED_POOL_SIZE manually
 to 512MB recently (what, of course did not change anything for the
running query described above. Yes, it's still running...). Why 512MB? I
followed
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/initparams197.htm#CHDGGAIB

>   What other events do you in statspack report or AWR report during that
> time frame?
Nothing that really matters, I just can't access the system at the
moment, if important I'd have to post that on monday.

Thanks so far,
Martin
--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de