Re: PX Deq Credit: send blkd

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christo Kutrovsky <kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:31:59 +0200

Hi,

Christo Kutrovsky schrieb:
> How did you test your 1GB/sec read speeds? With Oracle or with another tool?
dd on OS level
parallel query with parallel SELECT

> What filesystem are you running? I assume it's linux, what version is
> it? Also assuming it's 10g.
ASM on Linux x86_64

> Note that only if  you have parallel_automatic_tuning=true then the
> buffers are allocated from LARGE_POOL, otherwise (the default) they
> come from the shared pool, which may be an issue when you try to
> allocate 64kb chunks.
The wait event clearly says IPC problems.
The producers are selecting data, and the consumer isn't able to write
it fast enough becaus its SINGLE CPU USED is on 100%.

Regards
Martin
--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de