Re: PUBLIC privileges on XDB$ACL

  • From: <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:08:36 +0100

Hey all,

> Indeed. That line is there in 10.2 as well. In 11.2 there's a comment
> about
> removing the privilege
> *Rem    sidicula    01/13/07 - Restrict privileges on ACL tab*

From what I can gather from everyone's responses 10gR1 (and 9x etc) grants
*all* whereas 10gR2 grants only select, insert, update and delete. The
difference is small but important. As an advisory to anyone with the INDEX
privilege still in place on this table for PUBLIC I'd recommend revoking
it - this opens a hole that allows people to run PL/SQL code with XDB
privileges. This could pose a problem to some installations as XDB can
execute DBMS_RLS and therefore an attacker could effectively disable any
virtual private databases on the server.

Cheers,
David