PSU 3 for 10.2.0.4

  • From: lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:51:28 -0500

I just installed this PSU today on an HP-UX server through Grid on our
development databases.  Just wanted to warn everyone that if you install this
(through Grid, maybe through download/opatch way as well) that you might find
the problem in Note: 1083248.6 with sqlplus not being able to run.  I got a
Permission Denied error after the install when i tried to run sqlplus.  After
chmod 755 $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.sl
chmod 750 $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1 (this was because the install
owner could use sqlplus, but other users still couldn't)

it worked again.
Just wanted to FYI everyone.  I put a "review" on that patch download if you
download it through mOS.

Lyall