Re: PRODUCTION JDBC THIN and SQLPLUS NET8 Connection Behaviour

  • From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:51:03 -0400

Hi,

May be you can check the following

1. Check if MTS is enabled. MTS+ Connection pooling is not a good idea.
Implement EIther MTS or connection pooling but not both. There have been
instances when the response time has been pathetic when we implement both.
2. Check if your connection pooling prespawns certain number of connections
before it returns a connection to the application. Not sure on this but IIRC
certain application servers when asked for a DB connection would prespawn
certain number of connections thinking that these connections would be used
later.
3. Check if you can use OCI driver and check the performance. You can write
a small stub to test OCI vs Thin and check out the performance.
4. Perform a Sqlnet tracing for a brief period and check the logs. Need be
raise a TAR

Hope it helps

Best Regards

Sriram Kumar