From: Brian Shanblatt [mailto:bshan@xxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 19 July 2007 10:29 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: PRO*C compiling AIX 5.3

Hello all!

We are on ORACLE 9.2.0.6.

We have been on AIX 5.2.  We just bought a bigger machine, that came
installed with AIX 5.3.

I decided to just tar over the entire oracle install from the old
machine to the new machine.  I then did a cold backup of the database
and restored to the new machine.

Everything came up fine, except when using PRO*C (release 9.2.0.6.0)
When I compile the sample.pc I get the error:

Error at line 135, column 2 in file /usr/include/standards.h #warning
The -qdfp option is required to process DFP code in headers.
.1
PCC-S-02014, Encountered the symbol "warning" when expecting one of the
following:

I checked the include file and it is quite a bit different than AIX 5.2.
This section is causing the problem:
#if defined(__IBM_PP_WARNING)
#warning  The -qdfp option is required to process DFP code in headers.
#else
#error  The -qdfp option is required to process DFP code in headers.
#endif

So I commented the section out in standards.h and now PRO*C works fine.

Looks like the if .. warning... syntax caused proc to choke.

Is there some incompatibility between PRO*C 9.2.0.6.0 and AIX 5.3?  If I
had actually done a re-link of oracle or even a fresh install, would
that have prevented the error?

I checked METALINK and found nothing about this specifically.

All comments welcome!

THANK YOU!
Brian S
ANALYST DBA