From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 1:12 PM
To: tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: POPULATING DATA OVER A DATABASE LINK USING A SEQUENCE TABLE

Guys,

Is there anyway to make this process faster?  We are migrating data into
one database instance using a sequence table from another database
instance.  Apparently, the performance has been very slow.  I know I had
done this on another system years ago but was wondering if anyone had
any advice to speed this up.  In this case both the databases are on one
machine.  However, they are using the database link over TCP/IP.  I was
thinking that there was a way to avoid using the link over TCP/IP if
they databases were on the same box. =20

Thanks,
Paula