From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 9:45 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PMX:#] RE:writing massive loading, processing process

Using stored procedures I am bringing in data into a temporary table,
going through a series of edits, converting, transforming with updates
back to that table so I can keep it for auditing purposes and make sure
I don't impact the OLTP users on the primary tables.  Then I pull a
sequence, update the sequence and load the already checked and prepped
data into the base tables.
=20
I know that many of you have done this before it certainly doesn't seem
anything but common sense.  However, I was wondering if there were some
ideas/papers on stored proces. best practices - ideas for "tightening"
the code using functions yadayada. =20
=20
I have been using Steve F... book on best practices but I was wondering
if there was anyother good on-line references for stored proc. design
and best practices.
=20
Thanks,
Paula