[oracle-l] Re: PL/Sql Update Table runs 38 hrs (so far)

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:35:01 -0000

 The pl/sql you've sent has become almost
unreadable in transit, but it seems to me that
it would help if you put the LOOP above the
FETCH.

Your code looks as if it does one FETCH
from the cursor, then goes into an infinite
loop doing the same no-row-update update
committing every thousand attempts.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

Next public appearances:
 Jan 29th 2004 UKOUG Unix SIG -  v$ and x$
 March 2004 Hotsos Symposium - The Burden of Proof
 March 2004 Charlotte NC OUG - CBO Tutorial
 April 2004 Iceland

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

Three-day seminar: