RE: PL/SQL vs Java in 10gR2 and up

  • From: Michael Dinh <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Mark.Brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Mark.Brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:35:28 -0700

It depends.

PL/SQL Vs. Oracle JVM: Speed Comparison for Mathematical Operations

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/PlsqlVsOracleJvmSpeedComparisonForMathematicalOperations.php

The tests now show the Oracle JVM is out-performing the PL/SQL for this basic
looping and mathematical processing.

These results are consistent for this test on database versions (9.2, 10.2,
11.1 and 11.2).

Michael Dinh : XIFIN

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This material is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.
BE FURTHER ADVISED THAT THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
(PHI). BY ACCEPTING THIS MESSAGE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOREGOING, AND AGREE AS
FOLLOWS: YOU AGREE TO NOT DISCLOSE TO ANY THIRD PARTY ANY PHI CONTAINED HEREIN,
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PERFORM YOUR
OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE.  If the reader of this
email (and attachments) is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the error and delete the
e-mail you received. Thank you.