From:   oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Kevin Bass
Sent:   Wednesday, February 02, 2005 7:08 PM
To:     oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        PL/SQL Question - Separating A Delimited String Into
temporary Variables

Hello:

I am converting my Perl program into an Oracle package but I have run
into a small problem. I have been successfully except for a minor
problem. I would like to separate a value of 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 by the dash,
into seven separate values. The finish product would turn out to be
something like val1 = 1, val2 = 2, val3 = 4, etc. Is this possible? If
so, how can I achieve this? Thanks!

Kevin