RE: PL/SQL Help....

Look up REF_CURSOR in PL/SQL docs.

________________________________

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bryan Wells
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:35 AM
To: Oracle-L
Subject: PL/SQL Help....

All,

Since my pl/sql is less than stellar, well, way less than that; i was
hoping to get some direction on how to pass an array of records back to
the calling application?  i have initialized a record type, have been
able to write and read from it within the pl/sql package but just cant
figure out how to pass it out of the package.  I have been able to pass
an array out as a varchar and clob, but cant get the array to
distinguish end of record.    Yes I'm a novice ;-)

Here is a snippet of what i have done;

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY pkg_rpt
AS

 PROCEDURE PR_RTN_DETAIL(in_s1 IN varchar2,-- start date
              in_e1 IN varchar2,-- end date
              in_s2 IN varchar2,-- start date + release_time/24
              in_e2 IN varchar2,-- end date + release_time/24
              in_acct IN varchar2,
              in_subacct IN varchar2,
              out_array OUT ?)

   --
 /* Cursors to retrieve records for record type to pass back to
application */

   /* create record type */
   --
   TYPE rpt_detail_type IS RECORD
      (PHN table.phone%TYPE,

  v_br rpt_detail_type;
   --
   .
   .

Thanks All!  As usual your expertise is much appreciated!

--
Bryan S Wells
DBA VoiceLog