PHP OCI_DEFAULT Segmentation Faults

  • From: Justin Bennett <Justin.Bennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:30:17 -0400

I'm using PHP 4.3.7 on Redhat 2.1ES against an Oracle 8.1.7
database.Using the PHP OCI interface I have an application that opens a
persistent connection and runs a main select to get a list of Items,
then while looping through the results it then runs a function against
these items In which it runs several nested selects (It's a bill of materials explosion), It can be upto 4 or
5 nested selects deep. If I run the selects with an OCI_DEFAULT method
(not commiting on success) the program will run and at certain points
throw a segmentation fault. Usually I don't commit at all when I only
run a select. If however I change the method to commit on success then
it will work fine. Is there a results or transaction buffer maybe I'm
blowing? Does the commit on success free that up?

Thanks
Justin

--
Justin Bennett