RE: PERL DBI connection to Remote Oracle Database

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duncan.lawie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:12:24 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Everybody. My earlier concern was that how it is working without  PORT
and that too not on default 1521 port. But when  stefan pointed to check both
Listener running on Remote Db Server,  I found that it both Listener are
servicing the Required Database. Actual Database listener is on Port 1523.

  Rgds
  Sanjay

"Lawie, Duncan" <duncan.lawie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Sanjay,

  if you wish to connect to the listener on port 1523, put that in the connect
string

  $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:host=myhost.com;sid=ORCL;port=1523", $user,
$passwd);

  HTH,
  Duncan.