Re: PDFs (or binary objects) in the database... When?

Bob,

> Occasionally our DBAs have been consulted with that age-old "should we store
> these in the database or on a filesystem?" question by developers and
> analysts when designing the application.

There may be additional Oracle licensing fees to consider. There is
also the added DBA work, especially tuning the database for BLOBS. But
it may come down to whether the DBAs are overwhelmed with the current
workload, or would like to make themselves useful in a new way.

Dennis Williams