Re: Ownership on Oracle CRS Home binary files

  • From: "Sudheendra Vijayakumar" <sudheendra.vijayakumar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anuragdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:17:44 -0700

All the CRS installations that I've come across have the owner as non-root
for CRS binaries and haven't had any issues pertaining to that setup.

The only thing that comes to the mind is when you have different owners for
CRS and database binaries. ONS would be running as part of nodeapps and will
out of crs owner. This would have issues if the both (crs and database
binary owners) are not part of the same group. There needs to be a parameter
set in ons.config file ( I think its allowgroup=true) to get ons working in
such a case.

Thanks,
-Sudhi.