Oversized TEMP space

  • From: "Barr, Stephen" <Stephen.Barr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:34:03 +0100

Are there any possible issues with oversizing a TEMP tablespace?

Would it affect any of the costing algorithms?

Are there any other downsides other than the small management overhead?

Information in this email may be privileged, confidential and is intended
exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official
policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it
in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your
system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or
disclose its contents to anyone.     Please note we reserve the right to
monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external
networks.