Orphan table name in 11g RAC

I have a situation in a 11g RAC system, where AWR and ADDM reports show a table
name like "ITEMS_STAGE" coming up in various sections like "Segments by DB
Blocks Changes".   The problem is that this table does not exist !  I found a
AWR report that had an object number, and when I queried the object based on
object number, it came out to a different object called "ITEMS".  Nothing
exists in the dba recycle bin either.

The only thing we can think of is that the name ITEMS_STAGE might have been
used in a dbms_redefinition task a long time ago, to change the characteristics
of the table, but that interim table was delete a very long time ago.  Any
advice ?