Re: Oracle's relationships with expert DBAs (and the rest of us mere mortals)

  • From: Mogens Nørrgaard <mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:39:30 +0200

No complications whatsoever with RAC. As I have said time and again:

All real applications will scale on RAC. If they don't scale on RAC, they're not real applications.

Well, maybe it wasn't me that said it. Might have been someone else. But I think it's very wise words.

Kind regards,

The CEO of a troubleshooting/consulting company with very expensive consulting services...

PS: RAC costs extra in several ways, which is what I meant by going South financially speaking. Don't worry. The Danish customer I'm talking about has LOTS of money, and can pretty much print them themselves, so they'll be alright.

Freeman, Donald wrote:

Can you elaborate on the "Then, of course, they also wanted RAC, and that's where the whole financial wagon went South?"

We are testing RHL 3 with a view to replace our Windows OS. We are doing this on a single node now but eventually would have to RAC it and retest. Is there some kind of complication using RAC on linux?