Re: Oracle/RAC installation problem

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:30:20 -0800 (PST)

> That sounds interesting, but from what I can see SRVM_TRACE appears to be a
> cluvfy-specific setting.  Does it work for OUI as well?

I find that SRVM_TRACE appears in these scripts
cluutil
cluvfy
gsdctl
srvctl
vipca
under $CRS_HOME, and these
gsdctl
netca
netca.ouibak
srvconfig
srvctl
under DB's and ASM's $ORACLE_HOME.

Note the odd behavior of this variable due to its usage in those scripts, which
is always

if [ "X$SRVM_TRACE" != "X" ]

So you can set it to any character or string to enable tracing:

$ srvctl -h
Usage: srvctl [-V]
$ SRVM_TRACE=false srvctl -h
/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db/jdk/jre/bin/java -classpath
/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2 ...

That is, even if you set it to a string "false", it *enables" tracing. If you
use export or setenv to set it, make sure to unset or unsetenv, or at least set
it to a null string, to disable tracing, not by setting it to "false".

Yong Huang