From: Maureen English <sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Oracle8i to 10g upgrade using exp and imp
To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Herald.ten.Dam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, 25 June, 2009, 5:13 PM

We've just done a few upgrades of 8i databases to 10g using exp/imp.
The only comment I'd add is that you need to run catupgrd.sql in the
10g database after the import. Running catupgrd.sql overwrites any 8i
catalog package, procedure, function differences introduced by the import,
insuring installed options have been migrated to the current version.

- Maureen