Re: Oracle8i to 10g upgrade using exp and imp

  • From: Maureen English <sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 08:13:23 -0800

We've just done a few upgrades of 8i databases to 10g using exp/imp.
The only comment I'd add is that you need to run catupgrd.sql in the
10g database after the import. Running catupgrd.sql overwrites any 8i
catalog package, procedure, function differences introduced by the import,
insuring installed options have been migrated to the current version.

- Maureen

Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Yes, but when I read something like ‘followed by a full or partial import’…in oracle documentation, it leaves me ambiguous as to what happens to the existing system schema in the destination database, and the consequences thereof.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546