RE: Oracle users and password changes

  • From: "DIANNA GIBBS" <DIANNA.GIBBS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Nick Yonko" <nyonko@xxxxxxx>,<don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:22:55 -0500

My thoughts originally were to use an email notification sending
mail from within Oracle, with a link to a webpage in the email
and then they could put in old password and new password...if old password
compare is successful, let them change it to a new one.
I haven't thought thru that whole process though and thought
setting this up in multiple instances would be time consuming
and a lot of maintenance.  Would something like this work?

>>> "Nick Yonko" <nyonko@xxxxxxx> 04/04/07 11:10 AM >>>
Yes, however, the notification process for those using ODBC access through
non-native Oracle app is difficult.  I am looking for a solution to this as
well.

PSU Foundation
Nick Yonko
Information Systems Director