Re: Oracle upgrade

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:38:32 +0000

Is the new location $ORACLE_BASE/admin/$ORACLE_SID/dpdump? That's the
default and it wouldn't totally surprise me to find it recreated as part of
the re-running of catalog.sql. I never touch the built in directories so
can't tell you for sure.
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> All,
>                Before I go off like a gun in a colleagues face, has anyone
> had their DATA_PUMP_DIR  changed when doing an Oracle upgrade?  A colleague
> of mine did an upgrade of a dev database the other day for me from
> to  I had the DATA_PUMP_DIR pointed to an NFS mount to a san disk
> that is also shared out with windows.  This way our developers can ask for
> a data dump and have access to it from their desktops.  Well, today someone
> did & the file did not appears as expected, so after the 3rd try I looked
> at the definition and sure enough it had changed.  Anyone else have a
> similar experience so I can blame Oracle.
> Richard Goulet
> Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader
> --

Niall Litchfield