Re: Oracle streams between 9i and 10g

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:06:37 +0200

I am aware of the difference between 9 and 10.
We plan to do the move twice.
One full move and then test the application, including stress test with load runner. After we get the OK we clean the new database and do the copy again, this time as production.

I am asking about the feasibility of using streams from RAC 9.2 on windows to RAC 10.2 on Linux for the copy, and the other way to keep the old database in sync, after we move to production, in case we need to fall back.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Bort, Guillermo wrote:
I'd go with Export/Import and statistics recollection for the tables
migrated. Also, be advised that moving from 9i to 10g is not always
simple, and usually execution plans change. So I'd say quiet a lot of
testing should be done before moving the production environment.

Remember, 10G does not have RBO.

HTH.

Guillermo Alan Bort
EDS - ITO DBA Main Group