Re: Oracle standby (data guard)

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "David Sharples" <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:05:55 -0600

David,

my experience with oracle documentation is that it is very good if you know
the subject and looking for some
technical information. If I wanted to get some general ideas first, I have
always found books/articles on the
subject more useful than Oracle's doc.

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "David Sharples"
             <davidsharples@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
                                       genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             11/13/2006 04:28                                           cc
             PM                        oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Oracle standby (data guard)

ok, obvious question - whats wrong with the docs, the dataguard stuff is
damn good

On 13/11/06, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hello:

  Can anyone recommend an article or a book (not RTFM) on Oracle standby
  database (data guard) for oracle 10G.
  I have worked with the standby on v7, but I presume that the 10G version
  is
  very different.