Re: Oracle on iBook

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 06:53:26 -0700

9i, yes.  For quite a long time, and happily too.  Because no Oracle
Installer was involved;  just "tar xvf"...

10g -- problems.  This is (finally) a regular distro using OUI.  I got link
errors, telling me that my version of "C" compiler was a couple builds too
low.  Not sure if that is really the problem, but it said that I should be
at "X" and I found that I'm currently at less than "X".  It said to download
the new version of the compiler from Apple, but frankly I haven't been able
to find one.  Been casually googling around for one, but haven't found it
yet...

Installed 9i while on Mac OSX 10.2.8, later upgraded to 10.3.5, which is
where I first tried to install 10g.  Currently at 10.3.6...

Has anyone gotten 10g installed on OSX?