RE: Oracle on Windows question

  • From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jjreimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:36:46 -0500

Please try to set all three parameters and try again.
set LOCAL=  (check alis in tnsnames.ora file)
It appears to be permission issue as well while try to writing to listener.log
file. Is the same user id starting other databases as well?

Subject: Oracle on Windows questionDate: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:42:05 -0500From:
JJReimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have a problem connecting to a database that we have not seen before, and I
am wondering if any else has encountered it.
OS: Windows2003 32-bit Database Version: Only one Oracle Home on the
There are six databases running on this server.  We can connect to five of them
just fine.
When setting ORACLE_SID to the problem SID, and trying "Connect sys as sysdba"
we get "ORA-12546: TNS:permission denied"
When we do "Connect sys@sidname as sysdba" it connects fine.
Why would one database have a problem when the others all work?
Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.