Oracle on IBM Power7

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:55:15 -0700

Hi List, I just started on a project today to migrate to a new IBM P750 running
their new Power7 processor and I'm just curious if anyone else has had any
hands-on experience with this new architecture yet, especially running Oracle
Database on it?  It has some new multithreading technology and I had a bad
experience in the past with the multithreaded T-series (Cool Threads)
architecture from Sun so I'm a little scared about going through that again.
From what I've read online so far, it sounds like the Power7 doesn't suffer
from that same problem but I won't be fully comfortable until I've tested it
myself.

Thanks,
Brandon