Re: Oracle monitoring with visual eye candy

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjamya@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:20:36 -0400

Since you mentioned Oracle Enterprise Manager - you can create there a
group of instances. Then you can start pretty much eye-candy dashboard
that will display 20 databases statuses and any open issues
(summarized in numbers on one screen).

Everything out of the box.

On 4/13/07, rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

does anyone know of any tool that would take input from (preferably a table
and) a query and help generate nice eye candy. I want something like Quest
spotlight, but more resource friendly (and cheap).  Need to put up a monitor
to show status (up/down/load etc) of multiple instances on one screen, but
it has to be eye-candy. Displays like 'topology' in grid control is not
visually attractive.

Freeware tools are most welcome, I am researching new features of APEX 3.0
to see if I can use that, but other suggestions are welcome.

ps: in case you are confused, we don't want this tool to be our monitoring
tool, but for lack of better term (an in advance apologies to all) this tool
should be like 'Trophy wife' kinda thing. This will be displayed in the
operations center.

Best regards
RJamya

--