Re: Oracle monitoring with visual eye candy

check out big brother - might be useful for more than just Oracle..

http://www.bb4.com/

On 4/13/07, rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

does anyone know of any tool that would take input from (preferably a
table and) a query and help generate nice eye candy. I want something like
Quest spotlight, but more resource friendly (and cheap).  Need to put up a
monitor to show status (up/down/load etc) of multiple instances on one
screen, but it has to be eye-candy. Displays like 'topology' in grid control
is not visually attractive.

Freeware tools are most welcome, I am researching new features of APEX 3.0to
see if I can use that, but other suggestions are welcome.

ps: in case you are confused, we don't want this tool to be our monitoring
tool, but for lack of better term (an in advance apologies to all) this tool
should be like 'Trophy wife' kinda thing. This will be displayed in the
operations center.

Best regards
RJamya

--