Re: Oracle in depth

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:53:56 -0700

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Guillermo Alan Bort
<cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I've been working with oracle for several years, and between my SRs, all
> the OU courses I both took and taught and official documentation I've come
> to have a pretty good general understanding of how oracle works. I'm now
> looking for in depth documentation, targeted to the savvy and not the
> general public, of how oracle works, with emphasis on the differences
> between Windows and Linux (don't care about unixes for now, but it would be
> interesting as well). First google search turned out empty, I'm not going
> for the book approach, any good book to recommend?

First site to come to mind:
http://juliandyke.com/Presentations/Presentations.html

<http://juliandyke.com/>Julian has a lot of fascinating presentations on how
Oracle works.

There are a number of other Oak Table members that know the internals as
well.

Take a walk through the blogs at http://www.oaktable.net/members

HTH

Jared Still