Re: Oracle iFS

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:43:55 -0500

I worked on ifs about 3 years ago. I believe it was 9ias on 8.1.6 database.
We did have nice directory drill down but gave it up because we couldn't
restore specific documents and we ended up knowing more about the product
than oracle. But that's the way it seems to be with oracle support and
anything outside of their main products.
Didn't get to versioning because the restore was a show stopper. Though,
three years later and we still don't have a document system in place.

HTH
Mike
ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx