Re: Oracle for Windows XP with INTEL inside

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:15:17 +1000, graeme.farmer@xxxxxxxxxx
<graeme.farmer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are you connecting to the host machine via RDP (MS Terminal Services
> Client)?
> If so, you cannot connect via the method you described (unless you are on
> MS Server 2003 and you specify connection to the CONSOLE when initiating
> your RDP session).

not true

This from a normal rdp session (client winxp server windows 2000)
connecting to my oem repository (to which you all now know the deeply
ofuscated SID :) )

C:\TEMP>set oracle_sid=oemrep

C:\TEMP>sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production on Mon Sep 20 09:09:01 2004

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production

SQL>

As the note to which Sinardy refers implies you would have been
correct prior to version 9. (and possibly win2000).

Now I am setup as you see to use os authentication (requires
authentication_services=<list including NTS> in sqlnet.ora). We do
have one system that uses password authentication (not my idea) and
that also works correctly on v9.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA