RE: Oracle for Windows XP with INTEL inside

  • From: "Sinardy Xing" <SinardyXing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Graeme.Farmer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:50:35 +0800

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for your info

It is not a server but it is my notebook, I create the DB with the DB assist,
after the creation my db looks ok I even upgrade my catalog with catparr.sql,
and create few tables, then I decide to configure the listener, I don't know
why the listener is not working, so I remove the listener, tnsnames and sqlnet
files, because I just want to connect to my database directly without using
listener, now my database give me ORA-12560:

btw, I found from AskTom, he said I need to use ORADIM to register my DB, I
delete and recreate my services with oradim, I also recreate the password file,
then I can connect with sys as sysdba.

Thanks for the tips for the first time connect using Sys account not system.

regards,
Sinardy