RE: Oracle crashes on Windows shutdown

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Paul Drake" <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:45:07 -0700

Thanks Paul.  Good info, but I'm specifically asking with the assumption that
there are no hardware problems - just a normal Windows shutdown forcing Oracle
to terminate abnormally.  If you lose your controlfile or redo logs, have write
errors, etc. - then you've got serious problems regardless of whether or not
Oracle shuts down cleanly before Windows kills it.

I'm not trying to advocate abnormal shutdowns - just curious.

Thanks,
Brandon