Oracle component question

  • From: "Johnson, George" <GJohnson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:06:00 -0000

        A colleague of mine asked a question yesterday, to which I have been
unable to find an answer anywhere and wondered if anyone here would know the
answer.

        My colleague's question was actually why is the CORE a higher version
than the overall DB components, but that's most likely from the 9.2.0.5 upgrade
that was done a few months back. I am more interested to know what the CORE
component found in v$version, actually is?

SQL> select * from v$version;
BANNER
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production
PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production
CORE 9.2.0.6.0 Production
TNS for Solaris: Version 9.2.0.5.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.5.0 - Production

        Thanks in advance