Re: Oracle clusterware without RAC

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tony.Vecchiet@xxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:01:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tony,

Yes, I've done that. Not in a production environment (yet), but it does work
pretty well. It's easier to use when you have a cluster filesystem, but still
good uses if you don't have a CFS.

There's some sample agent code for clusterware at the bottom of this page:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/products/rac/index.html

While I pride myself on knowing as little about licensing as I can without
getting sued :) , I do know that Clusterware has a relatively unique licensing.
You can have any number of nodes in a Clusterware cluster (if used for
non-Oracle software) as long as one node in the cluster has a license for
Oracle Database. I believe that includes any version/edition of Oracle Database
license, but I'm not sure about that part.

Dan