Re: Oracle base and home

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:05:53 +0100

This message could show up as many as 3 times. sorry if it does. I'm
unsure if my 25% success rate in getting mails through to freelists is
related to the email account I am subscribed with (hence this new one)
or some oddity of freelists.

About 5 or 6 characters :(

ORACLE_BASE is the base directory into which Oracle software in
general is installed. ORACLE_HOME is the base directory for a
particular release of Oracle.  So if you have an install of 9.2 in
/u01/app/oracle/ora92 and of 8.1.7 in /u01/app/oracle/ora81 then you
would have one oracle_base directory /u01/app/oracle and 2 oracle_home
directories

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
Audit Commission